Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lost Girl In The City

I spent over an hour trying to find my way back home from Best Buy. Over an hour. I was lost in a sea of one way streets. Drivers here are much crazier than back home and you'd think that the 405 would've prepared me for this. It is a very scary thing to feel like you've stopped yourself at a red light only to be smack dab in the middle of an intersection/crosswalk. I don't know what red and light green x's mean in lieu of stoplights. I know it has something to do with Muni trains, but I'm this big helpless idiot every time I see a bus because I'm afraid they're going to take me out. And I've been warned consistently that if a bus hits you and they will they say, that they won't stop. They keep plugging along as though nothing happened.

As I'm writing, I'm watching Crazy Sexy Cancer on TLC. It has put me in such a depressed state and I can't bring myself to change the channel. You must tune in...at least once.

5 comments:

jen said...

What in the world is a Muni train? Just a warning, Michelle and I got into a car accident up there... they seem like they have no idea what they're doing on the road... so - watch out my friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I remember that. A lady in a Jaguar! And she didn't even care that her car was really crunched!
But yeah - watch out my dear! Especially for clusterf**ks! Hehehe...

Unknown said...

Apparantly SF has one of the highest numbers of auto vs. pedestrian related injuries and deaths in the US. So hate to break it to you, but you aren't safe on foot either! Be brave, my friend....

And I have to tell you that I can manuever my way around any other city, but for the life of me, I cannot figure SF out! I get lost, kid you not, EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm there! Really, I do. And not just lost, but really, really lost. But as Robert says, if I was a rat I'd be stuck in my maze until I died. But I know you are a far more intelligent species and you will learn that damn city!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Cody said...

No, not lost girl in the city, HOT CHILD IN THE CITY. I miss you...

p.s. you've inspired me to stoar 'blogging again'