Monday, August 13, 2007

Girl Finds Home

So I got the call today that we're getting the apartment! We didn't really have a Plan B so it was this place or nothing and I'd be the homeless girl in Golden Gate Park with a bed, dresser and 500 cardboard boxes. Pictures will soon follow - I have to fly out Wednesday to see it in person and sign the lease. It's a 2 bedroom one bathroom apartment in a 4 unit building and it has hardwood floors throughout.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
There is an Irish Pub across from my bedroom window so my dad is already booking his monthly trips out...he couldn't be more excited about that feature.

The view from the other bedroom window:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday night was my going away bash that Jen planned. Everyone met up at Summers in Manhattan Beach and it really couldn't have been a better night. All of my close friends were there, there were endless amounts of drinks, singing and dancing. I got a chance to say good-bye to everyone. And there were only a few tears (thanks to Jen's toast)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! I missed the toast! I'm sure it was great!
I'm so glad you found a place! I was talking to your mom about it at church yesterday! Soooo glad!
Can't wait to come and visit! And help decorate! :o)

jen said...

Ah, let's not relive the toast, b/c I will cry again. Your palce looks adorable, and I will know for sure it just about a week...woo-hoo! Even though I have already given you a good-bye toast, you sure aren't getting rid of me. So deal w/ that!!

The Mom (aka Auntie See) said...

Well this is good news indeed! The thought of you homeless in San Fran (or anywhere else for that matter) just broke my heart. I could just picture you sitting on the curb next to your cozy coupe with a little u-haul trailer attached to the back!

The Stan said...

Dude! I'm totally jealous about the Irish pub across the street!

BTW, I'm glad to see you in the Blogosphere. I've added your link to my site.