Tuesday, August 7, 2007

New York, New York

I planned on writing while I was in NY, but with Grandma & Grandpa's dial-up connection, I was forced to limit my internet fun (this also explains why I didnt comment anyone back).

And now for the highlights of the trip:

-Grandma's homemade lasagna, cookies, pies and more
-Keuka lake trip with the fam - especially the campfire and music by Andy & Abby
-Cousin's night at Maple Bowl...I'm the newest Hunter Hero according to Pro Buck Hunter - the arcade game. Be afraid. And then the bowling and karaoke to follow. Remember the Macarena? Oh yes.
-Sneaking ice cream with Mom & Mary minutes before having dinner with G & G. Yummm.
-Corning Glass Museum was also fun (until the last hour or so of waiting around) while Mom shopped.

It was somewhat bittersweet because as each vacation day passed, I knew that I was that much closer to having to move away. I've really been struggling with the thought of leaving everyone behind. As much as I agonized over having to share the tiny, creaky double bed with Mary, I knew that it'd be another year before I'd get to share a room with her and in 10 days I'll be seven hours away from her and miserable.

I'm already making plans for future visits home, but I know the first few months will be a struggle for me. I will miss everything about this place. And, of course, all of your beautiful faces.

2 comments:

jen said...

You are going to make me cry... except ice cream before dinner, which makes me so excited!! I am so proud of you for moving, I am so happy you did it because I never really saw you doing something like that. Yet, I think you will love it, and be great at it!!! You make friends easily and everyone loves you. So much so, you'll probably never want to come home!!

Anonymous said...

I echo Jen here! You are an amazing person Anna - you are lively and fun, and people are naturally draw to you! You'll make tons of new friends in a jiffy! And I know you are going to grow as a writer doing this! Think of all the new material you'll have!You are on your way to living your dream! I will miss you in a huge way - but never fear - were only about 40 tomatoe trucks away from a visit!