Monday, January 4, 2010

Obsessed Much?

Let's assume for a moment that I was very in love with Christmas. Like in a come-home-from-work & just-want-to-turn-on-my-Christmas-lights, turn-on-Time-Warners-Sounds-of-the-Seasons, light-Christmas-candles & twirl-around-my-living-room kind of way. Harmless enough, right?

Now let's suppose that I set out a Christmas doormat the day after Halloween and spent a couple hundy on decorations from then until Christmas. I literally became obsessed right down to spray snow on my mirrors and picture window.

Seriously I've never felt happier in my apartment. The thought of taking it all down and having a hole where santy boots & Christmas trees once sat for the next 10 months sounds bleak. So I'm asking you, my dearest readers, how long is it acceptable to leave said decor up? Please note that I have a quaint little 4-foot fake tree with painstakingly homemade decorations so technically you could reply ALL YEAR, ANNA! if you wanted to. Do you want to?

6 comments:

Ali said...

All year Anna. Seriously, we can decorate it each month for the next holiday! I could totally see a Valentine's Tree! I'm leaving the lights up above our bed, it's too cute I don't want to take them down. And our tree is still up too, though Joe has mentioned maybe it's time to take it down. :( Ba Humbug!

Anna said...

haters!!! omg i love the valentines day tree! kinda thinking of running with that.

John Cody said...

Boooo! Ali beat me to it! Can you image July's? RED, WHITE, & BLUE pom-pom garland surrounded by little felt Uncle Sams & Lady Liberties. OH and then April showers promises varied sized raindrops and bright red umbrellas (ooom-brEEElla!)

Shelley said...

I, too, love Christmas and am somewhat obsessed with decorations. We decked our place out pretty good this year, even though we live on a street of curmudgeons who don't put any decorations up! (What's up with those people who celebrate Christmas but don't put anything up? I was expecting more from the South.) Now Matt is a "it's got to come down by New Years Day" type of person, and I can always stand to have it around a bit longer than that. Too long past mid-January starts to make me feel a bit blue, though. It starts becoming a sad reminder that Christmas is over and won't be here again for a long time. :(

The Mom (aka Auntie See) said...

Happy to see you back!! Sorry you were (are) under the weather. Cousin Dorean left her tree up one year & made it a holiday tree...maybe you little ones are too young to remember. I say leave it up & before you move on to the next holiday, let me come see all your crafty ornaments!!

Anonymous said...

I am absolutley with everyone on leaving it up! There's so much you could do with it!!! Easter - cute little eggs and birds and bunnies, August - pictures of me, cause it's my birthday month, Halloween - little pumpkins and ghosties...Better get started!