Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My New Rule

So I have this new rule (it's only been in effect for two days, today makes three) where instead of watching tv after climbing into bed for the night I read a book. I spend most of my time after work watching tv and it never ends (plus I just watched Fahrenheit 451 and it really made me miss my literature). I actually got through a book in two days! It was this memoir titled Strangers In The House and it was all over the place but I kept pluggin away at it and got it finished. I didn't think this far ahead because now the daunting task is upon me to pick my next literary selection.

Tonight I actually cooked. I've been whipping things up here and there, but I got away from cooking & baking so it felt good to be back in it again. I made caramel apple pork chops and they were just as tasty as they sound...and weight watcher friendly. For dessert I baked a banana bread pie, which sounds weird but it was heaven. You serve it warm with some fat free whipped cream on top. If you're interested, both recipes were found on http://www.aimeesadventures.com/

Michelle & Mateo were in town all last week and I got to take them to a few of my favorite places. We went to Park Chow, Cheesecake Factory, Fog Harbor Fish House & even the Daly City theatres for a little Sex & The City (sorry Jen...I feel I'm betraying you even putting that in writing). We had a really good week and I actually stuck to my workout plan and even halved my meals either with Michelle or took leftovers home - something I never do. So I'm curious to see what the results will be tomorrow at weigh in.

The most unfortunate incident of the week was when we took a taxi into Union Square, our hungry hearts set on Sears Fine Foods only to learn that they stop serving breakfast at 3. It was like some cruel joke that never ended. We, embarrassed and distraught, picked up our things and walked out of there trying to explain our lone reason for traveling there in the first place - breakfast! It took almost the entire night to get over...wahhhhh. I'm leaving in a little over a month and I need to get in as much of Al's Special as I can. My family, Kel & Michelle can vouch for me on this one...no matter what diet you're following there's always a bending of the rules when it comes to this place & breakfast.

5 comments:

jen said...

i am having a hard time even praising you since you saw OUR movie without me. and i am still stuck here,left in the dark. whatevs... i am so proud of you. it's my new goal to cook everything and exercise. i'm almost totally moved in...i really have no excuses now not to get healthy. right?

Unknown said...

I WANT AL'S SPECIAL NOW! YUM YUM YUM! No matter what diet you're on you HAVE to have something bad every once and a while or you'll go crazy. Al's Special is def that for me. Sears is fulling themselves thinking they can get fancy and NOT serve breakfast at night. Who are they kidding?

Unknown said...

sad sad sad..I meant FOOLING..don't judge

Shelley said...

Hey!

I just sent you an email with a special invitation to a site called "Goodreads." It's fun, and it may help with the reading motivation.

Hope things are going well!

Shelley

Anonymous said...

sears is to die for! for real! i was soooo sad we didn't get to have it! another time! another time...