Tuesday, June 17, 2008

If I Come Out Orange In The Morning...

I was semi-peer pressured into spray tanning tonight. Mar & Kel were going before AZ so I thought I'd jump on the band wagon since I'm EXTREMELY pale these days (okay all days). I found a place that was about 15 mins away. I knew the main gist but I was assured that there'd be a video to watch beforehand for newbies. Not so at Corona Del Sol.

The guy led me up to the room, went over the directions and then let me at it. There were no goggles - only booties & a hair cap. I didnt know exactly what direction the spray would be coming from so I decided to just jump in and close my eyes. From what M & K have told me there are two spraying times - in between you turn your back to the sprayers. I had just one 6 second spray where I had to spin myself around in circles.

I got out covered in what looked like muddy water. I rubbed in as much as I could - there was lots of excess. The color still hasnt sunk in yet so I imagine I'll wake to a nice shade of tan...errr orangey brown. Either way I figure I have a few days before the big Summertime Cocktails party at John's in AZ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I've always been afraid to try that! How did it turn out?

jen said...

i am also a spray tan virgin. i know it's better for skin and all that and that i should care - but it just seems like there's a lot that can go wrong in that equation. i'm proud of your bravery though!! can't wait to see how she turned out.