Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Busy Busy

I've only been in LA for about 36 hours and already I've got my week booked up. This is never the case in SF so it takes some adjusting. Not to mention work is a completely different experience. I'm used to dead silence and the occasional ONE ringing phone. Here I've got ten people, a dog, several lines ringing at once all while I'm on a call with a client. It's exhausting. I guess I've grown a little too used to my hermit lifestyle :)

Mary & I have our Ingrid Michaelson/Greg Laswell concert tonight! I've been looking forward to seeing them (for a 3rd time...) the only part I dread is the standing for several hours. Woe is me, right?

-Tomorrow night I get to have dinner with Jen and see her new place! Finally. Although I dont have a car which makes things a bit trickier.
-Friday Mary & I are having dinner with Michelle (and sweet bun) before she moves to CO
-Saturday I get to hit the town with Jen in her new city! And then Sunday we're taking the girls to the dog park...they'll love it!

We also picked out our NY dates! Mom & I are going Aug 9th and Mary & Dad are joining us the 15th and we'll stay thru the 24th. I seriously can't wait!! Mom and I have to go back early to pick out furniture and the necessities...oven, fridge, tv etc. It'll be such a new experience now that the house is ours...it hasn't fully sunk in yet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cannot wait for NY! I was just talking to Kel about it lastnight and I was realizing that the normal things that we do while we are back there won't happen and that made me sad. Little things such as Gpa and Gma picking us up from the airport, grandmas baking, having NO tv channels..hmm I'm very excited to see how it's going to turn out, but I'm sad too :(