Friday, June 13, 2008

Sleeping Pattern In The Sunset

It takes me awhile to fall asleep - sometimes up to an hour. But once I do I sleep so heavily that if woken abruptly I get extremely nauseous (Jen can attest to this). Last week I woke in the middle of the night to what I thought was our alarm going off. I jumped up and sat on the edge of my bed wondering if I should stay in my room and lock my door or if I should scour the place. Once the alarm stopped I walked throughout the apartment, peaking in every room, checking the locks with my arms up like I was about to karate chop someone. Mind you I've never taken a karate lesson. Why I didnt take my pepper spray instead of trusting on my non-martial arts skills, I don't know. There was no one there - it was a car alarm with the identical sound. Go figure.

Last night I was woken again by the sound of someone jiggling on my bedroom door. The roommate wasnt home. My door wasn't locked. I panicked again. I finally came to enough to realize that it wasnt someone jiggling at my door - it was my damn shoerack falling apart AGAIN. The poles loosened and heels hit the door on their fall to the ground. This happened twice last night. By the second time I was well aware and fell right back to sleep. It is unpleasant to be woken in the middle of the night especially for someone like me who always thinks the worst when this happens. I watch too much Forensic Files.

2 comments:

jen said...

these are all getting more and more ghetto!! just come home already. i miss you like crazy, and we have SO much exploring and catching up to do!! i LOL'd at the bathroom pee - it sounds like you got caught in the act of something you should be ashamed of....very Freudian.

Anonymous said...

i "LOL'd" at this post and picturing you walking your apartment to karate chop someone!

didn't we buy you a new shoe rack at the container store?