Thursday, June 12, 2008

Alright Already

Last night I broke my reading-before-bed rule. This isn't really an excuse, but it happened during the usual reading time. I was on the can, I heard gunshots or fireworks...not sure, stood up, waddled over to the bathroom window, listened as about 10 more "pows" went off. Ashley called my name, I quickly yanked up my pants and opened the door, she walked in and I said "I just peed!" because I didn't know what else to say. I felt like a proud 3 year old in training. I guess I said it because I hadn't been given adequate flushing time. I digress.

So we talked it over and assured each other that it was just firecrackers. We peaked out the windows towards the park and saw nothing. Then we heard them again. Firecrackers are quick and overlapping, these were spaced just enough to be gunshots. We probably heard about 20 shots at least within 2 minutes. So we called the local police and people had been reporting gunshots near Geary & 31st which is on the other side of the park. Nothing has been on the news or is online. Yet.

I'm leaving, I'm leaving...can the violence die down for a month or so while I finish packing?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay..your neighborhood is super creepy. It's such a shame. I don't like people being murdered or attacked in parks so close to you. That freaks me out. I'm SO happy you're coming home(insert hug smiley here)