Monday, June 23, 2008

Spottie Dottie

So my "tan" actually turned out pretty nicely. I felt like a bronzed Caribbean goddess walking the streets - I've never had such color. That is until I met up with Mary and Kelly in AZ and they out tanned me right away. I went back to being the whitest girl in the group.

The thing is, no one tells you that the tan doesnt just fade over time. Instead, you turn white in huge patches, leaving dark orangey spots where you might have some dry skin. So now I look like I have a serious skin condition on both arms. Something I hope a nice tough loofah will clear up.

Arizona was so much fun and I think the girls really enjoyed themselves. Hopefully pictures will soon follow and I'll post up some really funny (unflattering) shots of me. We gave the girls a nice taste of 4th street where Congress, Plush, IBTs etc. are. John's party was a classy event and I even changed things up a bit with my deviled eggs recipe. John had me use honey dijon instead of the standard yellow mustard and it was heaven!! Very tasty and they went faster than normal. The heat was unbearable and I was probably the biggest complainer of all time...and nobody likes a sourpuss so you can imagine how many friends I made (lost) this trip :)

1 comment:

jen said...

i can't wait to hear all about it!! but apperantly, you can certainly wait to tell me all about it...like i said - you can try to avoid me - but i'll hunt you do and get you "one way or another." consider yourself warned. and i'm extremely weary about spray tanning now, that doesn't sound good!