Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Taste of San Francisco

This morning, my last Saturday in SF, I woke up early to meet Kristy for one last meal at Sears Fine Foods (YUMMM). As I was getting ready I looked out my bedroom window and noticed this beat up red volvo parked a good two feet from the curb, blocking our driveway/garage and there were huge chunks of broken glass next to the car. I figured it'd been abandoned there until I looked down ten minutes later and saw sweaty feet pressed up against the back window. Someone was merely taking I siesta...in front of our driveway. Quaint.

So when I was leaving for Sears I knocked on the window and this man opens the car door and stumbles out, saying that he lives in his car, he ran out of gas, lost his one & only key and ended up there on his way home from a party. What a story. So I explained that it wasnt a curb and he was blocking our garages, couldnt park there and that I need it moved within the hour. Five hours later the car is still there with a ticket on the window, but the man has disappeared. We didn't want to have it towed seeing as it's someones house but it's starting to get old.

Only in San Francisco...

1 comment:

jen said...

i have so many questions regarding this post. first and foremost, how did you get to your breakfast date?? why is someone who lives n their car out partying? absolutly have it towed!