Monday, January 14, 2008

$245 Groceries.

Some might say I haven't blogged in awhile. And those people would be correct. I only feel comfortable blogging in the city...is that weird?

So I made it home in record timing yesterday. I wasn't the least bit nervous on my drive. I chalk this up to a number of factors: there wasn't a raindrop in sight, I didn't have anyone watching me drive (you know like when someone is watching you type and you suddenly start making a bunch of typos that you wouldn't normally make?), and lastly my brand new gps. I'm still thinking of a name for her, but it's tentatively Olivia. Not to brag or anything, but my speed even reached a whopping 93 mph on the 5. For a self-proclaimed grandma driver, I felt like quite the rebel on the open road.

Onto more pressing matters: the new diet. I've been really wanting to try something new because I'm clearly not sticking to WW so I decided to try out ediets.com - they plan out a daily menu based on all the questions you answer at only $4.50 a week. You can even print out a categorized grocery list. Genius. What's not so genius is that instead of signing up for the $115/week fresh food daily delivery service, I opted for the $245-on-groceries plan and I still have to prepare the food!! Even the cashier asked "Throwing a party, huh?" to which I sheepishly replied, "No...I'm just starting a new diet so we'll see how it goes." I've never taken up an entire conveyer belt. So when this month runs out I might consider switching to the delivery plan but for now I'm remaining positive. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

jen said...

I have full faith that you and I will both make ourselves fresh and new. we can emerge this summer more fabulous than ever!! but $245 is madness... maybe fresh food next month is the best way to go!