Thursday, December 13, 2007

Down To The Wire

So...I think I've texted my four faithful readers, but in case you're wondering the boy still doesnt have my number. I guess my friend was planning on passing it onto him during a meeting this week and he was out sick. But she assured me he'd get it tomorrow "or something." Exact words. And I've learned you cant be pushy when someone's doing you a favor. I wouldn't normally be this anxious but I'll be in LA for about 3-4 weeks which kind of changes things.

Mary gets here Saturday a.m. I haven't been this excited in a LONG time. I can't wait to take on the city. Our tentative plans are as follows: Saturday...stay local & show her around my neighborhood, eat @ Park Chow & game night at my pad (aka our holiday party); Sunday we're meeting Kristy & Marilyn in Berkeley & eating lunch at some fabulous chocolate factory...YES PLEASE. Monday we'll go to Union Square, breakfast at Sears & a full day of shopping. And then Tuesday we'll drive back to Southern Cal.

I went to my first grad school poetry reading. My good friend Ami was published in the magazine Transfer and she also won the fiction award...a huge deal. Josh & I are feelin the competition and we're sure that we'll be featured in the Spring issue.

I had my last class on Monday, but I'm down to one more paper & then I'll officially be done. I should be working on it right now, but I think I'd rather wait until I'm working :) I just can't get down to business and get this thing written. And if anyone is looking for an AMAZING book of short stories to read it's called The Mother Garden by Robin Romm. It is probably one of the best books I've ever read...very clever and frankly honest characters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to come up and have you take me 'round the city! Perhaps in January?!?! Good luck on that paper! And I'm def. going to find that book of short stories. You always have the best recommendations!

jen said...

I can't wait to come and see you and do all the same things... i have no doubt that you too can be published in the spring issue. but it might help if you actually start sending your work in :0)

Amanda! said...

hmm... so i just want to say sorry for being a lame cousin. I totally did not know you had this. Sad! But now I can creep on your life, I love it! See you in two days!!!!!! So excited. have fun with mar, drive safely, and then back in TORRANCE. love you xoxo