Friday, May 15, 2009

Love/Hate

I've never been one to check my mailbox daily. Usually because the mailboxes are never on the direct route to my apartment. So after letting it fill for about three days I usually make the 50 step walk to the boxes, turn the key and have stuff falling out of it it's so full. 90% of it is junk mail & grocery store mailers...nothing that particularly has to do with me as a person, but me as a general consumer.

I hate the massive amounts of mail the stores send out and for whatever reason I don't immediately dump it into my kitchen trash. Instead I pluck out the Souplantation coupons (as their emails seem to have weened), stack it on my dining table, assuming that I might just use that KFC coupon along with my Hank's Pizza and Georgio's coupons - I never do. So after a long week of staring at the junk, I throw it all out.

Now this week is different and I've made big strides to check my mail daily. I'm waiting for my two Suisun Review books to arrive. Now yesterday when I went to check my mail there was NOTHING in there. Nothing. It was devastating and insulting all at once as though some huge mistake had been made and the guy in Apt 7 had ended up with TWO Pavilions packets. Now I'm not expecting to get actual letters from people, but what a let down! I always counted on receiving at least a mailer a day, but opening up to nothing is such a disappointment.

No comments: