Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate

Mary introduced me to Starbucks' Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate over the weekend and I'll admit it was love at first sip. The first one I ordered was a grande and they were out of the sea salt they sprinkle on top but nonetheless it was still magical.

I tried to make a few alterations today to avoid fatty beverage guilt (FBG)...order nonfat milk, no whip & a tall instead of grande. Apparently they're all made with NF milk - just fyi. And I got suckered into adding the whip in the end - I was told I'd miss out on a lot of the flavor because they wouldnt be able to sprinkle the salt on top or the caramel sauce. I tried to be good...

I checked the points (after consuming said beverage) and was horrified to read that it was 11 points (9 w/0 whip)...ouch.

This will be one of those only-for-special-occasions drinks.

1 comment:

The Mom (aka Auntie See) said...

Happy for the new blog! Happier that you let Mary introduce you to ANYTHING this weekend!! ;o]
xoxo