Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Poison Control

A sign that perhaps I watch too many programs like Cold Case Files, Snapped & Forensic Files...

I was woken suddenly Monday morning at 3 am with what felt like rolling thunder in my stomach. My first thought was: I WAS POISONED. I started to trace my meals...Dad cooked dinner and I was the only one hit - he wouldnt poison me. I did have leftover chinese for lunch but no symptoms when I ate it the day before. Ah hah! My leftovers were left unattended in the garage fridge, surely they'd been tampered with.

Who thinks that way? It can't be normal...

I tossed & turned and quickly realized I better get my arse to a toiley. I sat there sweating and feeling like I was about to pass out. Worried that I'd hit my head on the tub & not be discovered till dawn, I crawled into Mom & Dad's room. After three grueling hours at war I loaded up on imodium and went to bed. I'm back at work, regretfully, but I'm hoping the bout with the stomach flu is all behind me. Literally.

No comments: