Thursday, January 15, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

So I have this furniture fund in savings and I still have almost all of my living room stuff to buy. I need a really great chair - an accent piece if you will (and I hope that you will) - to really set things off. Mom & I (Amanda notice I didnt say Carol) went to La-Z-Boy on Sunday and I found THE chair. Only it sells for mucho dinero. Umm. The more I looked around at the awful prints & fabrics they had to offer I just really zeroed in on this one chair and tried to justify the price. It's not a rocker but it does recline and it would go p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y with my green couch (refer to older post).

Here she is...see what I mean? Mind you it would have dark brown legs.



Photobucket

Turns out it's the fabric that's so darn expensive...$400. Boo. So I'm taking to the streets to get some opinions. Oh and I found a cute chair that's less than half the cost of the one above...Opinions welcome!

same print, cheaper chair...
Photobucket

1st place amongst others...(and it'd hide the spills...)
Photobucket

not 100% on this one...
Photobucket

3 comments:

Ali said...

Though the chair is absolutely adorable I cannot imagine paying that much for a CHAIR. Maybe if I worked more than like 3 hours in a workday and made like buttloads of money like you did I could find a way to justify it, but ya I don't think I could. I like the dark chair, its pretty adorable. Why is the other chair cheaper? Not recline? I don't know I say we hit of yard sales but thats just me. :)

The Mom (aka Auntie See) said...

You looked at all the rows & rows of fabric they have hanging around? That's more than you paid for the perfect sofa.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...it is adorable and fits your style perfectly...but that is a load of money for a chair. I say keep looking!