Thursday, April 3, 2008

I need to get this feeling back

I wrote this in december and never posted it...


Saturday, December 8, 2007

For the past week I've tried to sit down to write a blog, but nothing comes out. I am speechless and can't quite explain what's been going on. I'm not going to superstitious and think that because I'm about to write about how happy I've been, that I'm going to jinx myself.

While I don't understand this newfound happiness, I am delighted. I feel like I'm finally getting to know myself and the city and it all seems like a perfect fit. Most would find that odd since I've barely ventured out and I can't tell one neighborhodd from the next. Or maybe it's because I'm surrounding myself with really genuine optimistic people lately. I guess I don't need to know why or where it all came from, but I should just be thankful that the storms have passed.

I don't know if any of you have had the chance to read Alese's blog yet. It has impacted my life more than I ever thought a stranger could. I never knew her and yet listening to the stories that people shared at her funeral made me realize that I'm not fully living my life.Her family contacted me yesterday through my blog and I can't figure out the best way to get in touch with them so I decided I'd just continue to write about her life and how many people have been impacted by her electricity. All week I've shifted my thinking and realized how self-absorbed I tend to be. In conversations and emails, I am always focused around my life and what's going on with me. But this week something changed and I found myself wanting to live my life more like Alese.

http://alesecoco.org/journal.htm

No comments: