Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mixed Emotions

I watched and listened to Obama's speech last night with chills and a few tears. It was one of those I'll never forget this moment kind of moments. It was transformational where I felt like we do have an impact and we will come together and change for the better. I'm baffled that not everyone is on board and it's hard to understand where they're coming from. I'm really trying.

But this morning I am heartbroken.

I'm shocked and disheartened that prop 8 passed. We've come so far how can discrimination still be alive on such a huge level? A friend shared this article with me and so I will share it with you, my 3 readers. I couldn't have put it better myself and I won' t even attempt to:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/11/stripped-of-the.html

No comments: