Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Abnormal

I finally got a call back from the dermatologist saying that both mole biopsies show abnormal cells. When I asked what that means exactly she went on to explain - only she used medical lingo that was way over my head. When I asked if these could be cancerous she said I'll just have to watch them closely to make sure they're healing properly and not growing back. If they do come back I'll have to have a different kind of surgery. If all heals well I just need to have them re-checked in 3-6 months.

Auntie C - have you ever had any come back abnormal and if yes is this anything to fret over?

2 comments:

The Mom (aka Auntie See) said...

I think she removed some of mine (there have been many) because they had an atypical appearance but the biopsies were normal. I would not worry, but definitely stay current with the near naked office show & tells! (And by office I mean DOCTOR'S OFFICE!!)

Shelley said...

I just sent you an email about moles.