Monday, March 10, 2008

Napa Weekend

Friday night kicked off one amazing weekend. A group of 22 met up at Leslie's place on Bush & Steiner for drinks & food. Then we headed off to the Buena Vista Photobucket on Hyde & Beach for the BEST irish coffees known to man.

Saturday morning we met up at 10, loaded up on the wine party bus and headed off to Napa! The a/c was not functioning properly and I was very hungover and a little car sick so I wasn't sure how I'd manage a day full of partying. But once we got out and I got some fresh air (and wine) I was good to go! We were well stocked with champagne, bread, cheese veggies...and the weather couldn't have been nicer.

Sunday we met up again at the Buena Vista for some irish coffees and then headed over to the Ferry Building down in Fisherman's Wharf. We ate lunch at Hog Island Oyster Co. where I was ballsy enough to try out their clam chowder (havent had it since age 5 when bit into a big chewy clam and went off the stuff). Look at this masterpiece: Photobucket I actually had to scrape each clam out of its shell!

I also got a grilled cheese which was oozing with about 50 different kinds of cheese: Photobucket

and the rest of the gang ordered oysters Photobucket

After a nice long lunch we walked down about 22 piers and ended up at this biker bar called Pier 23. It was such a sunny day we headed out back on the patio and listened to the live music, played quarters and drank buckets full of Coronas. Photobucket

I was very sad to see the weekend come to an end...I can't wait to get back down there again.

2 comments:

jen said...

i am just reading this!! your weekend sounds great!! i am so jelous!! and i can't EVEN believe you ordered that!! did you like it? i'm so proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

you are a brave soul! i hate oysters and clam chowder!
the grilled cheese looks and sounds amazing though! mmm!