Wednesday, November 7, 2007

FALL Back

I'm spending an awful lot of time prepping for my family's upcoming visit. I've bought new flannel sheets, a few throw blankets, I've spent $20 doing 4 loads of laundry. And not to mention all the cleaning I have ahead of me. I have to take out several loads of cardboard boxes (yes, I'm still unpacking), about 3 trashbags full of garbage, and I have two huge tupperware containers full of soup that I made that I need to toss. I guess I'm just not that big into soup, (nor am I into juice).

But I think it would make my mother proud to know that after all of her efforts in raising us, she rubbed off on me more than I'd like to admit. If she were reading this, she'd tell me that I didnt need to go to the trouble, that it's only one night, and that they don't care how neat my room & apt are. And I'd answer back with her all too familiar line, "But I care." Emphasis on the I.

I've been looking forward to this visit all week. I know I saw them about two weeks ago, but I just can't wait to have them to MY place. And this is one of my favorite weekends of the year. It isn't fall until we have our weekend at the Baham's.

1 comment:

jen said...

I know exactly what you mean.But I just feel like no matter how much I clean things, it's never enough and it just dirtys so dang fast! such a pain. i need to be rich enough to afford a miad.