Friday, November 2, 2007

El Dia De Los Muertos

Otherwise known as Mike Riggs' birthday. How do I still remember that after 8 years?

So next Thursday my Mom, Dad & Mary will be driving up here. They'll stay with me in the city Thursday night and then Friday we'll drive to Concord to stay with the Baham's all weekend. My first official visitors!!

I dont get the feeling that Mom wants to stay too long in the city...not sure why. Or maybe she feels that this weekend is about the Baham's and not San Francisco? So I'm hoping they get in early enough so that I can take them to my fave local restaurant Park Chow on 9th & Lincoln. In fact, I plan on taking every single visitor there because they have the best wedge salad in town. Yummm. Oh and everything they have on the menu you can order in small, med, or large...Ive never seen that before. Genius.

I've decided to drop one of my classes...my Tuesday night Lit of Trauma class. It was either drop one or all. I just started feeling extremely overwhelmed to the point that I was reconsidering grad school. I am tired of going to workshop every week only to hear non-stop negativity. These people tear everyones work down and there is rarely a positive thing said. That's not the kind of workshopping I'm used to. And not that I'm used to nice, but these people are mean just for the sake of being mean.

Plus things with my job are getting more hectic and exciting and I'd really rather focus on that for a bit seeing as I've never felt this way about my job before. I'm still up in the air with everything. I registered for two classes next semester and I got my top picks with the best teachers in the program. So if that doesnt change my mind, I think I've got my answer. Here's hoping!

3 comments:

jen said...

My appreciation for the first paragraph shout-out is double-fold. I remember baking things and having a party w/ ms. calzadilla's craziness for el dia de lost muertos and i also love - and am in no way surprised - that you still remember mike riggs birthday after 8 years. I can't wait to go up there and try on the restaurant, what type of food is it? for some reason, i was under the impression that it's chinese - but chinese and wedge salads don't generally go together - am i wrong?

Unknown said...

I'm taking it that it is a Chinese Restaurant. Wedge and Chinese usually go together :) I'm SO excited to come see you, meet Ashley and her bf, and see your place! AND I'm thinking that I get to sleep in the bed next to my fav sissy :) Lucky you! I love you! And I'll start commenting so much that u'll wish u never said anything to me

JonasAxel said...

grad school is very tough. i'm thinking of you right now and know you can do whatever you set your mind to. don't let other people's negativity define you or your work.

i know that sounds cheesy, but i mean it... :) (and i'm a therapist so i get to sound cheesy).

xxx