Sunday, September 23, 2007

Writer's Block

I should be writing right now - two poems and a paper. And reading an entire book before class tomorrow. But I can't think of a single thing to write. I've found myself seriously questioning my grad school choice lately only because I feel I have so little material. I know it's in there...I just can't get it out in time for class.

So instead I'll talk about the amazing talent, Gunther. PLEASE do not delay in checking out www.Gunthernet.com. You will NOT be disappointed. My roommate's boyfriend, Corey, won two tickets from calling into a radio station and so after researching him, they knew they HAD to invite more people. So six of us rode in a limo (nothing but the best for Gunther!) over to Harrison.

Men everywhere were dressed up in tight blouses and pants, scarves, mullets & pencil-thin mustaches. How were we the last to know? Gunther wowed the crowd for one hour and then Corey's friend Yanni and I snuck off to try and get upstairs to the VIP lounge. We had to meet the wonder! We managed to get through security, make our way upstairs and sneak into the VIP line to have our picture taken with the man himself. And his Sunshine Girls too. People probably waited 2-3 hours in line just to pose with him and we made it to the front somehow and even snuck Corey & Ashley in.

I still can't figure out if this is one big act. I mean...they have a different way of doing things over in Europe and he didnt break character once! Oh...and the entire crowd knew every single word to his songs. Every word. We were seriously underprepared for this event! I'll post pics as soon as I get 'em. Until then, I'll leave you with Gunther's motto," Champagne, Love, Sex & Respect!"

2 comments:

jen said...

I checked out the website, and all I was wondering was if it is a joke or not.. I don't get it!! But Vic has heard of the wonder himself, and says he's been on KROCK. So many of our friends have made it there. Writer's Block? Why not write a poem on the living legend himself? That's not the kind of thing you guys write about? well... there's always nature. I know those, too, are your favorite kinds of poems. Write me a little diddy on Autum, please.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...funny story....as I went to check out the website Mateo's mother walked by and glanced at my screen. Try explaining that...