Friday, September 7, 2007

Sleepy Time

I've never been good about going to bed early enough that I dont sleep in till 11 am if I've got nothing to do the next day. But I do have things - just not work things. And I should be asleep right now. But I'm writing all of you.

Katie's at Del Amo again and she'll be going straight to a rehab center in Pasadena. Insurance covers 30 days, which is great news for my parents. I'm worried that 30 days isn't enough, but I guess that's not something to worry about just yet. My parents have finally reached their threshold and I feel like family therapy helped them get there. At least it helped Mary and I. It's been difficult getting used to living far enough away that I can't give my mom a hug right now and tell her she's doing the right thing. It's easy for me to shut Katie out and bitterly ignore her, but I know it's tearing my mother apart (and father too - he just doesnt show it as much). So that's something I need to work on...being there for people even when I can't physically be there.

On a lighter note, I went to my first ever yoga class at the gym. First ever class, actually. I was nervous about everyone being much more advanced, and they were, but it wasnt a huge deal. I was led to believe that they dim the lights, but no such thing happened tonight so all were on display. I saw many a bare belly! And everyone got a peek at my thong...I wore the wrong pants. I'm going to try a different location and maybe a different class...mix things up a bit. Stay tuned...I know you're on the edge of your seats.

5 comments:

JonasAxel said...

i'm sorry about what your family is going through- it is very tough on everyone involved. i will pray for each and every one of you. please let me know if you ever need to talk.

love you-christie

jen said...

you are a strong person... and you've always been smart and sensitive and distance yourself enough from things to be there for everyone and still keep yourself healthy. I love you - you know i'm always here to vent to... i'll vent right on back with you! and i am super proud of your yoga!! i have always wanted to do that - but never been brave enough. and walking in the park... what a little health nut you're becoming, not to even mention the organic food store!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your sister... but I'm so so happy about your organic produce and yoga class!!! That sounds like my kind of city! We will have so much in common soon!

jen said...

more blogs, please.

The Mom (aka Auntie See) said...

ditto...