Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ok So I Lied...

I forgot to include this week in my LA tour schedule. Surprise! My boss called me last week and said he was flying me out again. I'm here until Tues morn.

Woke up again at 3 am. Had the worst time falling asleep...I maybe got 2 good hours of sleep. I'm barely hanging on at work...6 more hours until nap time.

Decided to take the same bus route this morning, which drops me off at Powell St right a block from BART. Ran into a guy asking if I wanted to buy his $1.80 ticket off him for $1 - said he needed food and later added that he just got out of jail. I only had a $5. I felt bad...he kept apologizing and I heard an announcement 5 mins later that if you were caught panhandling you'd be kicked out. I'm sure it was a scam but he was so damn convincing.

On a fun note, I met a guy in the elevator who was flying back to Toronto. He'd gotten off on the Muni floor (which I did last trip out). We talked for a bit and he said he was going to stick close to me because I "looked like I knew what I was doing." Hah! I think that makes me a bonafied city girl :)

1 comment:

jen said...

That is quit an asounding improvement since the last time you took that route... as my teacher, ms. crazy would say "you're coming off the learning curve just fine."