Friday, May 21, 2010

Goodbye (Greg Laswell)

"When you’re 27 you cut all negative ties. Problems have solutions." -Adrielle Miller, Esquire Magazine


An amazing little ditty called Goodbye from Greg's newest cd:

It was really nice to meet you, goodbye.
Its high time I quit wondering why
Cause I have lost all that I can from my side
When you think of me again, know I tried. I tried.
Goodbye.

Forgive me while I lay here.
But I have nowhere else to be
I figure when I leave this time its for keeps
And when I say good morning next, I’ll lie. I’ll lie.
This is goodbye.

And I’ll delay the day I cant remember you at all
and its not easy to say that day has already come and gone
And all that remains is
A place where you no longer are

One day I wont regret this
Oh how I want to believe that’s true
Once I pick up my parts I broke on you
I’ll get used to the idea its not you, not you.
Goodbye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that quote at the beginning. Miss you my love.